Topics of interest

▼

Saturday, 25 July 2026

Mundatharrda 2026 Day 17

 Day 17 - 24/7/26

Drove through the Pingandy Creek road to the Ashburton Downs road then onward to a free camp just outside Tom Price. All plain sailing except for a destroyed tyre along the remote section. I carry two full spares so it wasn’t really an issue, just time and effort. My concept of using the rear mounted lock box for most of my ‘tyre’ stuff worked perfectly. All there without digging through the boot.


Not one vehicle passed by for the entire 1.5hrs nor for the remaining 100km to the main road. Sporadic weak mobile signal. Gotta be self sufficient. All good in the end. It took 67800km for me to have to change a wheel as a result of a ‘failure’. Pretty good considering the roads I have travelled, especially last year.


Set up at a free camp just west of Tom Price. Jarndunmunha climb first thing tomorrow, then I might call into a tyre place (or not).






Ashburton River flood level 1997 sign post





Nobody that way

Nor that


Under the Pilbara Southern Cross

Drove 460km today




No comments:

Post a Comment