Wednesday, 22 July 2026

Mundatharrda 2026 Day 15

 Day 15 - 22/7/26

Up bright and early to drive to the trail head on the other side of the mountain. Had a quick bite to eat and set off for the summit at 0715. Others arrived as I was heading off. It’s a great workout for 5.8km ascending 714m to the top at 1105m asl. That is a little higher than Bluff Knoll and you start off lower. Not as steep though.


It was quite cool and very windy at the top so I didn’t hang around for long. Glad I wore my jacket.


The old gully trail side trail is officially closed but the markers are still there so I took a detour at the seat and descended the lower part that way. Much more challenging and interesting.


Still contemplating where to go next. Mt Bruce beckons somehow. Laundry day here tomorrow.





Where the branch to the old gully trail is







The summit is in sight

Gets a bit steep up here


The top 

Tourist Park from the summit

Going back down










On the old gully trail












Hike deets






Brown Falcon nest at the carpark 





Drone’s up






No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Piccanniny Gorge

 Thought I’d share this aerial view of Piccaninny Gorge. I trekked up this Purnululu NP gorge in 2022 which was a tough but wonderfully sati...

Popular Posts