Sunday, 2 August 2026

Mundatharrda 2026 Day 25

 Day 25 - 1/8/26

Last night was invaded by a Wankamper. All the new gear with nary a speck of red dust underneath who hangs a TV on the outside of his van and proceeds to ruin the serenity for everyone else. Yet another Elon Musk enabled travesty.


Travelling south day today. Ended up around 450km toward Perth at a secluded location well off the GNH. Lordy that highway is super busy these days. 


Cloud had closed in, the first I’d seen for two weeks, with some small patches of mizzle. Nobody else here therefore starlink won’t ruin the mood.


I had just got the fire running at camp and heard a heavy snapping under foot nearby. Stood up to find an emu less than 10m away. It wasn’t impressed that I was in its walkway and stood on high to look bigger. There was a stand off of sorts with me trying to grab my phone for a pic. 


It literally shat itself which was the same green as their eggs. Curious. Anyway, it took off but I did get a lousy phone zoom pic.


Btw I’m less than keen to go back to my geospatially constant home but needs must. A couple of minor issues require attention and I didn’t really do a long duration equipment loadout.


Big gear

New camp

Emu!

Dusk

Emu poo

Great colours


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Piccanniny Gorge

 Thought I’d share this aerial view of Piccaninny Gorge. I trekked up this Purnululu NP gorge in 2022 which was a tough but wonderfully sati...

Popular Posts