Sunday, 17 May 2026

La Bestia - 18/6/23 P1

 I thought folks might be interested in the genesis of my rig ‘La Bestia’. I will do this over a series of posts in this album.

La Bestia at Ningaloo caravan park Exmouth


This beauty was a result of much consideration of #vanlife information, experience from my previous van, and expertise from Dove Camper Conversions. 

I have owned a Mercedes Vito van (Vittoria) for some time primarily used for transporting racing motorcycles. Any fit out I did with it had to be temporary in nature so that it could be repurposed readily. 

The Vito is 2WD and is quite low so is restricted in where she can go. This became a key driver to open up more areas of WA and other remote areas of Australia. One place in particular was Purnululu with a number of water crossings on the access road.

Repeatedly banging my head on the ceiling didn’t help with comfort levels. One aspect I really liked was the all round panoramic windows. This would carry forward.

#vanlife

#sprinter4x4

Vittoria at Dales campground Karijini



Bare bones basic



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Piccanniny Gorge

 Thought I’d share this aerial view of Piccaninny Gorge. I trekked up this Purnululu NP gorge in 2022 which was a tough but wonderfully sati...

Popular Posts