Sunday, 17 May 2026

La Bestia 18/6/23 P3



 But what about the fit out?

Lots of clever folks have done their own however I wanted to tap into knowledge and experience as well a more professional finish. I also couldn’t be bothered spending the time and effort.

A few organisations provided stock layouts and weren’t interested in incorporating design variations. I had sketched a few layouts and was starting to crystalise into something I really wanted. Most of the providers are in eastern states which also made things a bit more difficult in terms of communication and progress inspection. 

While scanning the internet for layout ideas I stumbled across Dove Camper Conversions right here in Perth (Welshpool). They were willing to work with me to implement a bespoke design. Great! Added bonus was they were also attractive cost wise and the timing was right during early covid to snatch a schedule slot.

I ordered the van through their relationship with Daimler Trucks Perth in August 2020. It was then time to finalise the layout and associated specification. The vehicle was due in 4 months.

#vanlife

#sprinter4x4


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Piccanniny Gorge

 Thought I’d share this aerial view of Piccaninny Gorge. I trekked up this Purnululu NP gorge in 2022 which was a tough but wonderfully sati...

Popular Posts