Wednesday, 29 July 2026

Mundatharrda 2026 Day 21

 Day 21 - 28/7/26

Hiked up and back all on my lonesome. The wind was howling all the way up and down. Pretty cold as well. Carried the drone for naught as it was way too windy.


Got back and decided to stay another night. The wonders of retirement with nary a timeframe and all the equipment to make things comfortable. The solitude here is too special to cut short. A splendid location indeed. Not one visible artificial light, no music, no voices, nada, perfect. No dingoes spotted or heard either. …and then the iron ore train comes along …


There was another solo female hiker going up when I was coming down. She had parked next to my camp. Her car failed to start a few times when she went to depart so I brought out the battery jump pack and got her going.


Beedoboondu ✅

Jarndunmunha ✅

Punurrunha ✅

Wirlbiwirlbi ✅

Mt Robinson ⚠️


4WD track all the way to the top




Looking back

Getting closer 

Side gorge

Nearly there 

Summit cairn 


Gorge over the back

Narrow ridge

On the ridge

Looking back to the summit



Hike deets 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Piccanniny Gorge

 Thought I’d share this aerial view of Piccaninny Gorge. I trekked up this Purnululu NP gorge in 2022 which was a tough but wonderfully sati...

Popular Posts