Wednesday, 29 July 2026

Mundatharrda 2026 Day 22

 Day 22 - 29/7/26

A reluctant drive out to the highway again to head a little further south to the Mt Robinson 24hr stop which comes complete with its own hike trail.


Got there early enough to ascend today. What a pleasant surprise. I tried to ignore the mining machinations to the north and take in the natural wonder. Just beaut. Lots of off piste opportunities as well. I was able to find my way across to the escarpment cliff face. A commanding view indeed. Also spied a real #rockwallaby 


Ended up clocking up 15km all up and the body felt great. Match practice is so important. Got back down and set up camp at the mouth of the gorge to find a pair of resident Pied Butcher Birds nearby.


Certainly not as quiet as the last location but will do nicely. Nor is there any information about the wonderful hike trail. Seems weird to me.


There seems to be some conjecture that this mountain is also known as Wirlbiwirlbi 🤷🏼‍♀️ . Anyway my climb set is now complete for this trip:

Beedoboondu ✅

Jarndunmunha ✅

Punurrunha ✅

Wirlbiwirlbi ✅

Mt Robinson(?) ✅










First peak








The summit 

Old survey mark



Going up hike deets








Wandering around top deets




The lower gorge



Coming back down deets




Drone’s up





The Governor across the highway 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Piccanniny Gorge

 Thought I’d share this aerial view of Piccaninny Gorge. I trekked up this Purnululu NP gorge in 2022 which was a tough but wonderfully sati...

Popular Posts