Sunday, 26 July 2026

Mundatharrda 2026 Day 19

 Day 19 - 26/7/26

Up bright and early for the climb up to the second highest point in WA. Quite cold and very windy. Gloves and jacket required. 


This is one of the best climbs in WA. A decent challenge rewarded by sweeping views of Karijini NP (plus Marrandoo mine site on the other side lol). One particular pinch point has chain grab rails to steady the ship beside precipitous drops.


The old legs are coming good after three mountain workouts. As are the heart and lungs. Nothing beats match practice, especially when getting higher in altitude.


Did you know that nearby Tom Price is the highest town in WA at 747m asl?


Quite a few on the trail including tourist groups. I was up there on my own for quite some time thankfully. Good for reflecting on how fortunate I am to do such things. 


Back to the campsite I was at last night as it is up early again to replace the blown tyre in Tom Price. 


Also time for celebratory Aperol and pizza tonight.


So many pics…


Beedoboondu ✅

Jarndunmunha ✅

Punurrunha ✅

Wirlbiwirlbi ⚠️

Mt Robinson ⚠️



Going up




There she is

The tricky bit awaits 


Grab chain

Yeah, up there

Looking back down

Looking back along the ridge trail


Along the cliff

Final haul


The summit


To the east

To the west




Around and about up top








Striking green spinifex

Amazing layering

A bit off piste

Going back down










Looking back up




Thank you again dear friend. See you again someday Punurrunha 💜


One of my three favourite climbs in WA:

Toolbrunup

Beedoboondu

Punurrunha 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Piccanniny Gorge

 Thought I’d share this aerial view of Piccaninny Gorge. I trekked up this Purnululu NP gorge in 2022 which was a tough but wonderfully sati...

Popular Posts